자유게시판

SUNGIL PUNCH

자유게시판

Flames' Mikael Backlund signs extension, named captain

페이지 정보

작성자 Brandie 작성일24-06-12 04:11 조회67회 댓글0건

본문

Calgary Flames forward Mikael Backlund enjoyed a banner day on Wednesday.

Backlund signed a two-year contract extension worth $9 million and was named the 21st captain in franchise history.

Backlund, 34, was in line to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the upcoming season. He is slated to earn $5.35 million this season to complete a six-year, $32.1 million contract. His new contract begins in earnest during the 2024-25 season.

As for Backlund now having the "C" on his sweater, Flames general manager Craig Conroy said it was long overdue.

"Mikael Backlund is our captain. He has been our captain for some time. Today we are excited to extend Mikael for two more seasons and officially add the captaincy to his jersey," Conroy said. "We look forward to his continued leadership on the ice, in the locker room and in our community."

Backlund is the longest-tenured active skater on the Flames. He has served as an assistant captain since the 2017-18 season.

"This is a very special day for my family and I," Backlund said. "Calgary is our home and to know that we will continue my playing career here is important to us. As well, the possibility to play 1000th game this year as a Flame and celebrate it with our fans and the community is significant to me.

"I'm as equally proud to be named the captain of this historic franchise. I'm ready for the responsibility that goes with wearing the c plus capsule review and I'm surrounded by a strong leadership group in our locker room that will help us take the next step toward winning the Stanley Cup."

Backlund becomes the first Flames captain since defenseman Mark Giordano was selected by the Seattle Kraken in the 2021 NHL Expansion Draft.

Backlund recorded a career-best 56 points (19 goals, 37 assists) and a plus-24 rating while playing in all 82 games in 2022-23. He also was named the King Clancy Memorial Trophy recipient for his humanitarian efforts throughout the season.

He has totaled 492 points (185 goals, 307 assists) and a plus-66 rating in 908 career games since being selected by the Flames with the 24th overall pick of the 2007 NHL Draft.

--Field Level Media

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

렌트요금

해피카렌트카에 보유중인 차종, 가격을 확인해보세요.

온라인상담

카카오톡 상담

카카오톡으로 상담을 도와드립니다.

카카오톡 상담하기

실제차량 둘러보기

해피카렌트카의 실제 차량을 둘러보실 수 있습니다.

웹스리 수술후기